AnimalWorks, a local leader in low cost spay / neuter services currently has an immediate and special need in their shelter services.
"All of their dogs sleep inside our facility at night, but they like to have a place to hang out in during the day, so they have big 10x10 runs for them outside. However, these outside dog runs are wearing out (they've had a lot of use for over 9 years now) and they desperately need some new ones. Lowes in Alcoa offers the Behlen Country 10x10x6 chain link kennel for $280.00 and we need approximately 10 of these kennels. PetSafe in Knoxville also offers outdoor kennels for sale.
If you would be willing to donate any kennels to our shelter, or a gift card to Lowes (in any amount), please let us know. We will arrange for pick up and even one new kennel will make a difference."
Additional easy ways you can help:
Pennies for Pooches! That's right, turn your change into a Lowe's e-certificate at any participating Coinstar machine. To find a machine close by simply enter your zip code at coinstar.com and look for the e-certificate option. ( Note, there should be no surcharge for using the e-cert option. In Maryville and Alcoa it seems both Kroger and Food City machines offer the easy to use e-certificate option.)
Points for Pups! When was the last time you checked your credit card rewards points? Many cards offer a Lowe's gift certificate option!
Mail your gift cards or e-certificates to-
Animal Works- Kennel fund
3377 Regal Drive
Alcoa, TN 37701
- Songs by the Brook concert series finale (1 reply)
- Can we just say no to a Sam's Club in the Alcoa Town Center? (1 reply)
- Songs by the Brook another big hit (2 replies)
- Free concerts in Springbrook Park (2 replies)
- Songs by the Brook series kicks off at Springbrook Park (3 replies)
- Blount Democrats Meet & Greet - Saturday, July 26, 2014 (1 reply)
- Hey Teapartiers, get off my porch (3 replies)
- Voters approve increased sales tax in Blount County (1 reply)
- Blount Co. sales tax referendum and tax distribution (1 reply)
- Special Called Meeting of Blount County Commission set for noon on April 3- psst it is a blanket rezoning! (9 replies)
- Subs & Such makes Southern Living, January, 2014 (1 reply)
- Velda Shore v. Maple Lane Farms lawsuit can proceed (3 replies)