Spotted in the yard of Alcoa resident Mike Stiehl
Residents of Alcoa's Springbrook community are drawing a yellow line in the sand to protest the city's proposal to make their quiet neighborhood a thoroughfare for a proposed shopping center.
Signs accompanied by yellow crime scene tape are springing up all over the neighborhood. Residents aren't opposed to development, they would just prefer it to be more responsible and more respectful of their nearly century old community.
More to come....
Resident Gary Hatfield working on his sign. Hatfield is opposed to making Alcoa Rd. a thoroughfare for the shopping center and says a roundabout at the north end of Mills St. would make more sense.
More yellow tape.
UPDATE: More signs...
- TDOT public meeting on Alcoa Highway Bypass project (3 replies)
- 14 years later- A Blount County Monarch Butterfly (2 replies)
- Pro-choice growing in Blount County (3 replies)
- Songs by the Brook concert series finale (1 reply)
- Can we just say no to a Sam's Club in the Alcoa Town Center? (1 reply)
- Songs by the Brook another big hit (2 replies)
- Free concerts in Springbrook Park (2 replies)
- Songs by the Brook series kicks off at Springbrook Park (3 replies)
- Blount Democrats Meet & Greet - Saturday, July 26, 2014 (1 reply)
- Hey Teapartiers, get off my porch (3 replies)
- Voters approve increased sales tax in Blount County (1 reply)
- Blount Co. sales tax referendum and tax distribution (1 reply)