A bunch of men, a few women and children got together in Blount County to proclaim their right to own and buy guns and ammunition. They also state they should have the right to carry weapons wherever they want even if someone else doesn't want to be near their guns and ammo.
I stopped by to check it out but kept my distance.
It's disappointing to me for the Blount County Mayor and Sheriff to be involved in this rally. I would prefer if they stayed away from supporting these types of activities. They are elected to represent and protect about 120,000 people. I wonder how many of the people attending this rally can vote in Blount County or bother to vote.
- Hey Teapartiers, get off my porch (2 replies)
- Special Called Meeting of Blount County Commission set for noon on April 3- psst it is a blanket rezoning! (8 replies)
- Subs & Such makes Southern Living, January, 2014 (1 reply)
- Velda Shore v. Maple Lane Farms lawsuit can proceed (3 replies)
- Additional Affordable Care Act (ACA) insurance signup assistance (2 replies)
- Hall Community residents receive Lowe's Community Improvement Grant (1 reply)
- Blount County wheel tax fails (4 replies)
- Blount County's dysfunctional government (1 reply)
- TDOT's selected Pellissippi Parkway alternate route goes through residential community (4 replies)
- Blount County Wheel Tax Vote Scheduled (7 replies)
- Pellissippi Parkway Extension - TDOT Meeting, Thursday, May 30, 2013 (1 reply)
- City of Alcoa - Springbrook neighborhood open house (4 replies)