The weather was once again perfect for the Blount Co. Maryville-Alcoa Parks and Rec Songs by the Brook free summer concert series at Springbrook Park in Alcoa. Lots of folks came out for an evening of outstanding entertainment with performances by Pistol Creek Catch of the Day and The Bus Driver Tour with Ian Thomas.
Turnout was the best yet for this final concert in the series. It's a great program for the community and we hope they can bring it back next year.
Special thanks to Blount Co. Maryville-Alcoa Parks and Recreation organizers Scott McMahan, Missey Wright, and Springbrook Recreation Center Director Phil Eakins for all their hard work putting together Songs by the Brook to highlight area talent and our beautiful Springbrook Park.
Also thanks to all the sponsors, including McGhee Tyson Airport, Alcoa Aluminum Company, Alcoa Tenn Federal Credit Union, Crestview Dental Care, Innovative Garden Care, Insurance Partners, Inc., Ogle's Auto Center, Southland Books and Cafe, Sweet P's BBQ, and WDVX, and the vendors including Bread of Heaven BBQ and the Maryville Farmer's Market.
Here are a couple of video clips of performances by Pistol Creek Catch of the Day and The Bus Driver Tour...
- Downtown Maryville slammed by storm (1 reply)
- Maryville residents must refrain from doing laundry (1 reply)
- 2015 Blount County Traffic Fatalities in Blount County, TN (8 replies)
- Ammunitions mfg announced for rural Blount County (1 reply)
- Smart Growth – City of Alcoa (1 reply)
- The Market at Washington and High has closed (1 reply)
- Blount evacuations, train with hazardous chemicals fire (1 reply)
- Another lawsuit in the ongoing Velda Shore saga (1 reply)
- TDOT public meeting on Alcoa Highway Bypass project (3 replies)
- 14 years later- A Blount County Monarch Butterfly (2 replies)
- Pro-choice growing in Blount County (3 replies)
- Songs by the Brook concert series finale (1 reply)