Of the 35 voting precincts in Blount County, nearly 30% had a majority voting no on Amendment 1.
Amendment 1: Nothing in this Constitution secures or protects a right to abortion or requires the funding of an abortion. The people retain the right through their elected state representative and state senators to enact, amend, or repeal statutes regarding abortion, including, but not limited to, circumstances of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest or when necessary to save the lif of the mother.
The majority of Blount County voters said Yes to Amendment 1. However, for several Blount County precincts No was the majority on amendment 1.
Beech Grove (480-No (53.5%), 417-Yes)
Board of Education (658-No (50.04%), 657-Yes)
Everett (307-No (52.7%), 276-Yes)
Martin Luther King (244-No (64.4%), 135-Yes)
Maryville College (314-No (53.1%), 277-Yes)
Maryville High (884-No (51.4%), 836-Yes)
Maryville Junior (755-No (53.6%), 653-Yes)
Maryville Municipal (409-No (52.5%), 370-Yes)
Rockford (426-No (51.1%), 408-Yes)
Walland (230-No (50.8%), 223-Yes)
At least there are some areas of Blount County thinking of the consequences of their vote. If we get lucky, as time passes this thoughtful population may grow.
- Downtown Maryville slammed by storm (1 reply)
- Maryville residents must refrain from doing laundry (1 reply)
- 2015 Blount County Traffic Fatalities in Blount County, TN (8 replies)
- Ammunitions mfg announced for rural Blount County (1 reply)
- Smart Growth – City of Alcoa (1 reply)
- The Market at Washington and High has closed (1 reply)
- Blount evacuations, train with hazardous chemicals fire (1 reply)
- Another lawsuit in the ongoing Velda Shore saga (1 reply)
- TDOT public meeting on Alcoa Highway Bypass project (3 replies)
- 14 years later- A Blount County Monarch Butterfly (2 replies)
- Pro-choice growing in Blount County (3 replies)
- Songs by the Brook concert series finale (1 reply)