Governor Bill Haslam visited Maryville in Blount County to announce the addition of an ammunitions company to the community. The company is expecting to invest $553M in the project and bring 605 jobs to the area.
The new facility is said to be located in Partnership Park North, which appears to be on Proffit Springs Road in Alcoa, which is off of Louisville Loop Road which is off of Louisville Road.
There does not appear to be any other businesses in Partnership Park North. It is surrounded by agriculture and residential land. It is less than a mile from the airport runways, but you would not know it by driving in the area.
The land is currently owned by the Industrial Development Board of Blount County. It looks like it was purchased for $2.3M in 1998. There either is or was a dairy farm on the property.
- Downtown Maryville slammed by storm (1 reply)
- Maryville residents must refrain from doing laundry (1 reply)
- 2015 Blount County Traffic Fatalities in Blount County, TN (8 replies)
- Ammunitions mfg announced for rural Blount County (1 reply)
- Smart Growth – City of Alcoa (1 reply)
- The Market at Washington and High has closed (1 reply)
- Blount evacuations, train with hazardous chemicals fire (1 reply)
- Another lawsuit in the ongoing Velda Shore saga (1 reply)
- TDOT public meeting on Alcoa Highway Bypass project (3 replies)
- 14 years later- A Blount County Monarch Butterfly (2 replies)
- Pro-choice growing in Blount County (3 replies)
- Songs by the Brook concert series finale (1 reply)