In driving through downtown Maryville yesterday we noticed the Dead End BBQ is closed. We were surprised but not. We never got around to visiting the restaurant. We had been to the one on Sutherland Avenue in Knoxville. At the beginning were excited to get to the one in Maryville but it was so crowded early on we couldn't get in. Then, we never tried again.
We are sorry to see them go. They spent a lot of money on the location. Although, the location may have been its downfall. It was a the intersection of Broadway and Hwy 321, which is very busy and made it hard to access the restaurant.
It's sad for the employees. According to the Maryville Daily Times, the owner said closing "wasn’t just a snap decision", but they didn't tell employees until yesterday, the day of closing.
- Downtown Maryville slammed by storm (1 reply)
- Maryville residents must refrain from doing laundry (1 reply)
- 2015 Blount County Traffic Fatalities in Blount County, TN (8 replies)
- Ammunitions mfg announced for rural Blount County (1 reply)
- Smart Growth – City of Alcoa (1 reply)
- The Market at Washington and High has closed (1 reply)
- Blount evacuations, train with hazardous chemicals fire (1 reply)
- Another lawsuit in the ongoing Velda Shore saga (1 reply)
- TDOT public meeting on Alcoa Highway Bypass project (3 replies)
- 14 years later- A Blount County Monarch Butterfly (2 replies)
- Pro-choice growing in Blount County (3 replies)
- Songs by the Brook concert series finale (1 reply)