The Yellow Squares are Coal-Fired Steam Power Plants.
Remember that our prevailing Winds are essentially West to East. Weather patterns happening over Nashville, tend to wind up here in a few hours--so do airborne particulates. Notice where the center of the big brown smudge, on the following graphic, lies.
Question: Who here amoung us, can tell me that the Stewardship of this Planet, is someone else's responsibility--not mine, not yours? As we develop this County, should we set an example by raising or lowering our Electrical Demands on the System? Would it be better to put out more and more Street Lights and Security Lights, or throttle back on the ones we already have? 100 Watts here, 100 Watts there, eventually (IM not-so HO) when we dry up all the resevoirs, the population will decrease--rather dramatically, then we won't need Electricity or Security Lights at all--Folks don't live where there's no water. Should we continue on, with the attitude that, it's someone else's problem, and continue the Predatorial Path of Consumption?
Just a thought, I wanted to Pass along, as we all sit cozy 'round the flashing bulbs, and strings of Christmas lights, burning all night long, for no one to see. The anticipatory gaze of our Children on this holy season, should give cause for reflection of our own Carbon footprints, and what we want to pass along to our children.
- Songs by the Brook another big hit (2 replies)
- Free concerts in Springbrook Park (2 replies)
- Songs by the Brook series kicks off at Springbrook Park (3 replies)
- Blount Democrats Meet & Greet - Saturday, July 26, 2014 (1 reply)
- Hey Teapartiers, get off my porch (3 replies)
- Voters approve increased sales tax in Blount County (1 reply)
- Blount Co. sales tax referendum and tax distribution (1 reply)
- Special Called Meeting of Blount County Commission set for noon on April 3- psst it is a blanket rezoning! (9 replies)
- Subs & Such makes Southern Living, January, 2014 (1 reply)
- Velda Shore v. Maple Lane Farms lawsuit can proceed (3 replies)
- Additional Affordable Care Act (ACA) insurance signup assistance (2 replies)
- Hall Community residents receive Lowe's Community Improvement Grant (1 reply)