The problem is, the article is a slice and dice of a May, 2007 Alcoa press release.
According to an Alcoa spokesperson today, "This is old news from back in May. Alcan was already bought by Rio Tinto, and that happened months ago."
Memo to the MDT: If you aren't going to check your facts, at least check the dates on press releases you transcribe onto the front page.
UPDATE: Looks like this is an exact reprint of a May 2007 AP report.
UPDATE: The correction in Thursday's paper: "Correction: The Daily Times inadvertently published a dated Associated Press story in Wednesday's newspaper about ALCOA. While the information was correct at the time the story was originally issued, Rio Tinto has since purchased Alcan. We apologize for the error."
- Blount County Dems host 2014 elections kickoff party (1 reply)
- Velda Shore v. Maple Lane Farms lawsuit can proceed (3 replies)
- Additional Affordable Care Act (ACA) insurance signup assistance (2 replies)
- Hall Community residents receive Lowe's Community Improvement Grant (1 reply)
- Blount County wheel tax fails (4 replies)
- Blount County's dysfunctional government (1 reply)
- TDOT's selected Pellissippi Parkway alternate route goes through residential community (4 replies)
- Blount County Wheel Tax Vote Scheduled (7 replies)
- Pellissippi Parkway Extension - TDOT Meeting, Thursday, May 30, 2013 (1 reply)
- City of Alcoa - Springbrook neighborhood open house (4 replies)
- Tomato Head closing Maryville location, prefer West Knox (1 reply)
- Blount County proposed Campground Hearing TONIGHT! (3 replies)